Do you know what’s in your mascara? More importantly, do you know how it affects your body?
There are a myriad of reasons you should switch to all-natural mascara, and we’ve outlined a few key points below.
Check your mascara ingredients. Does it contain:
- Acrylate Copolymer, and Polyvinylalcohol (PVA): MAN-MADE CHEMICAL PLASTIC. Typically created using acrylic acid (Dow chemical) and a pre-polymer.
- Tromethamine: This is an anti-inflammatory, used in the drug Toradol.
- Ehtylhexylglycerin, Parabens, and Phenoxyethanol: ARTIFICIAL PRESERVATIVE. Irritant. Synthetic preservative.
- Dimethicone, Petrolatum, Propylene glycol, and Polybutene: petroleum by-products that clog the eyelash and skin pores. Irritant.
If it does, read on to learn why you need to say no to chemicals and yes to all-natural mascara
Three reasons you should ditch chemical-laden mascaras and opt for all-natural mascara
- They can cause styes. The follicles of the eyelashes are associated with a number of glands. When the follicle and sebaceous glands clog, your body goes into overload to try and ‘fix’ the clog. If your body cannot clear it, a stye can form. Your mucous membranes are trying to keep the chemicals from most mascaras OUT of your body & bloodstream by keeping the follicles clear and healthy.
- Damaged follicles will make your lashes grow stubby and in weird directions. Many typical allergens and irritants are hidden in the ingredients in most mascaras, which can cause this damage.
- Using chemically-laden makeup for a prolonged period causes a cellular deficiency. In other words, the longer you wear a chemically-laden mascara, the worse the damage will be to your eye and surrounding tissue.
Ready to switch to all-natural mascara? Learn more about ours below.
What’s in your 100% all-natural mascara?
Made using natural and organic ingredients, our Natural Black Mascara is proven hypoallergenic and safe to use for those with sensitivities and allergies too. We make it easy for you to find and use a mascara you can feel good about, and one that will actually make your eyelashes fuller and healthier.
Check out our FULL ingredients:
Water (Aqua), *Chamomile Hydrosol, Carnauba Wax, Mica, *Coffee Powder, *Rice Powder, *Sunflower Oil, *Corn Starch, Lecithin, Vitamin E, Oregano, Thyme, Cinnamon Bark, Rosemary, Goldenseal, *Lemon Peel, *Grapefruit Seed Extracts, Vanilla Planifolia (Orchid) Extract, Iron Oxide AND Titanium Dioxide (naturally occurring minerals).
*Denotes Certified Organic. 0.2 oz/5.9 mL
Love your skin and love the earth with vegan, cruelty-free, gluten-free, all-natural goodness!